Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Hello everyone! Happy Father’s Day! One of the things my dad loves is cake, but I know he didn’t want something big, so I made cupcakes. They are the perfect size and so delicious! (Also, they are probably the easiest and yummiest cupcakes you’ll ever make!) You could end up eating 3 and not even know. Let’s get baking!
- 1 box Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling (Duncan Hines has the best)
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 5 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/8 tsp salt (Add 1/4 tsp and then 1/8 tsp to make it easier)
- 4 1/4 tbsp heavy cream
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Canned Maraschino Cherries
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F. For the cake batter, you only need a few simple ingredients. Cake Mix, Eggs, Almond Extract, and Pie filling.
2. In a medium sized bowl, start by beating your eggs.
3. Then add your almond extract, pie filling, then cake mix. Beat in between ingredients. Beat in that order.
4. Then scoop the batter into the cupcake liners in your pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes. We did 19.
5. Once baked, let them cool, then start making your frosting.
6. Start by beating together your butter until creamy. Then add your confectioners sugar, salt, and cocoa beating on low.
7. Once it combined, add your vanilla extract and heavy cream and beat on high for 3 minutes.
8. We used tip 1M to frost the cupcakes. Then garnish with chocolate sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.
Enjoy! They are awesome!