Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Today we are cranking up the holiday spirit and making some Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies! If you want Santa coming this year, you better put these under the tree. Let’s start baking!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring (or until preferred)
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 325 F. Then line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. With an electric or stand mixer cream together your butter and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in your eggs.
4. Continue to add your buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring. (Note: If you don’t have buttermilk lying around, like most, click here to see our trick.)
5. Add in your dry ingredients slowly and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
6. Refrigerate your dough for about 30 minutes to slightly harden.
7. Once chilled, roll your dough into ping pong sized balls. Once scooped, roll them in powdered sugar until fully added.
8. Once scooped, rolled, and covered, place them on your cookie sheet and press down with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup. (Something smooth. Only press slightly.)
9. Bake for 11-15 minutes. We slightly underbaked them so they stayed soft.
10. Once baked, let them cool on a rack for about 20 minutes.
Make sure to check out our favorite Holiday Playlist here!