Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
Hello everyone! It has been quite a while since I’ve come on here to write a recipe, but lucky for you, I have 6 new recipes coming to the blog in the next two weeks. It’s been busy these last couple of months with cookie orders, working, graduation… but I’m eager to get back to blogging, especially to introduce you to these tasty peanut butter s’mores bars.
This peanut butter s’mores bars are the easiest thing ever to make and secretly addictive. The bars are made from a really easy cookie base, chocolate chunks, marshmallows, and a few dollops of peanut butter, all baked up into gooey bars. These bars are the perfect treat for those summer sweet and salty cravings!
To be honest, I was never really a big s’mores fan. I always deconstructed it and just had the marshmallow or graham cracker, no chocolate. I guess I’m more of a fruity person and less rich chocolate-y person. Are you team chocolate or team fruity?
Well let me tell you, these bars are chewy, gooey, and the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and just enough chocolate but not too much. As you know, most s’mores don’t have peanut butter, but those extra few dollops take these bars to the next level. I may not be a chocolate gal, but I’m definitely a peanut butter gal!
ingredients for the peanut butter s’mores bars
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Graham Crackers
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I splurged and used Guittard)
- Mini marshmallows
There’s something about these bars that is just so delicious! I think it’s the perfect combo of sweet and gooey marshmallow and chocolate with that salty peanut butter that melts in your mouth. Part of me wishes I had posted these in time for 4th of July, but who am I kidding, you’ll want these all summer!
I would say my go-to summer treat is always ice cream or some sort of pop, but these bars certainly make the top of the list. Maybe I could even turn then into ice cream sandwiches?!
here’s how I make the easy peanut butter s’mores bars
First you’ll cream your butter and peanut butter together until fluffy. Then continue to add in your sugar and eggs. Mix in your dry ingredients and mix until your dough forms.
Lastly, fold in your chocolate chips and marshmallows gently. Press the dough into your pan. I like to add some extra chocolate pieces and marshmallow on top too. Bake until golden and gooey. Let the bars fully cool before cutting.
All done. Seriously, that’s it.
extra tips to keep in mind
- Make sure to only fold in the chocolate and marshmallow pieces, otherwise they’ll get ruined with a mixer.
- Cut them once they’re cool, otherwise it’ll be a hot mess.
- Store at room temp, in the fridge, freezer, or your tummy.
The bars have the perfect crunchy outside and gooey center. Once you have one, it’s hard to not have another. Whip these up anytime and you won’t regret it all summer.
My other favorite summer recipes:
- Caramel Crunch Java Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- S’mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Roasted Peach Cheesecake Bars
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Let me know below in the comments or on social media on Instagram @tuesday.treats. Happy baking friends!
Peanut Butter S’mores BarsCourse: Brownies and BarsCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Easy
These easy peanut butter s’mores bars are ultra gooey and delicious with the perfect sweet and salty combo and make the best summer treat.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened (1/2 a stick)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup graham crackers, crushed
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I splurged and used Guittard)
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Start by lining a 9×9″ pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper and set aside. *Notes Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and peanut butter until it’s combined. Add in your brown sugar and beat until fluffy and light (a few minutes). Scrap the bowl, then add in your vanilla extract and egg. Continue beating until fully combined. Add in your flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until just combined and the dough forms.
- Lastly, gently fold in your chocolate chips and marshmallows with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Press the dough into the pan ensuring it gets to the edges. I like to press a few extra pieces of chocolate and marshmallows on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bars are golden and gooey.
- Let the bars fully cool at room temp. Cut into 16 even squares and enjoy!
- Sometimes the best way to fit parchment into a pan is to cut slits in the corners and then press down.
4 thoughts on “Peanut Butter S’mores Bars”
Wow! These look so good! I’m definitely a chocolate gal but love fruit and so combining the too is amazing 😆 I can’t wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! Hope you love them!
I am sure I will! 😊