Banana Crumble Muffins
It’s a cold, wintery day in Denver, and there’s nothing better than waking up to some fresh and warm banana muffins, especially with crumble and icing! These may be the best muffins you’ll ever have; the light and airy muffin just melts in your mouth with a crispy crunch and sweet glaze. Let’s get baking! We even made a special video for this recipe; scroll to the bottom to view.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, slightly chilled
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 350 F. Line 1 cupcake pan with papers and set aside.
2. We’re going to start by making the crumble. Whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt until combined.
3. Add in your melted butter and use a fork to combine to make small crumbs. Set in refrigerator until needed again.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Once whisked, make a well in the middle.
5. Add mashed banana, egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and melted butter into the well.
6. Next, gently fold together your ingredients until batter forms.
7. Use a cupcake scoop and fill papers 3/4 full. Now, sprinkle your crumble over each muffin.
8. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F. Then, reduce heat to 350 F and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
9. Once baked, let cool for 5-10 minutes before glazing.
While the muffins are cooling, let’s make the glaze!
10. Whisk together all your ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and combined. If your glaze is too thin and runny, add more powdered sugar. (You want it to be thick, but still pourable)
11. Gently drizzle glaze over muffins and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Banana Crumble Muffins”
Loved the jazzy video!!! Very professional!🤗👍😘🎶🎵🎶