Mini Easter Cupcakes
Who’s ready for Easter? We can’t believe it’s right around the corner! You may have your Easter ham already bought along with sweet potatoes and fixings, but what about dessert? Oh no, you haven’t though of dessert! Don’t worry, these Mini Easter Cupcakes are the perfect treat after a family feast. Not only are they super easy and cute, they’ll be a favorite all around the table. Let’s get started!
Yield: 36 Mini Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter (1 Stick), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream + 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Starburst Jelly beans
- Pink/Colored Sprinkles
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350°F/176.7°C. Line your mini muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, add in your egg, vanilla, sour cream, and milk. Continue to mix until fully combined and smooth.
3. Add your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until fluffy and smooth.
4. Pour a small amount of batter into each cup, about half a spoonful. (We use a special tool from Bakelicious that has a measurment for a standard cupcake and a mini.) Bake for 11-14 minutes.
5. Once baked, let cool.
While the cupcakes are cooling, we’re going to make the frosting!
6. Start by whipping your butter on medium until light and fluffy. Then, add in 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix.
7. Add in your vanilla extract and milk. Mix. Add in your last 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Once the frosting is done and cupcakes are cooled, it’s time to pipe!
8. We used a few different tips/techniques for the designs we chose to make on the cupcakes. Wilton tip 12, 233, and 32.
9. For the swirl look, we separated 1/3 of the frosting and dyed it pink. We added some white frosting to one side of the piping bag and pink to the other side. For the swirl, we used Wilton tip 12. For the fur look, we used the white frosting and tip 233. For the basket look, we used tip 32 and white frosting.
10. To make the bunny ear garnishes, cut a mini marshmallow in half and dip the sticky side into fine pink sprinkles. For the cupcakes covered in sprinkles, just pipe a large round and then roll in the sprinkle choice. For the flower, use tip 12 and pipe starting from the middle out and then put a marshamllow in the middle. Below are all the designs.
Enjoy! Happy Easter!