Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Looking for a light and easy buttercream? This is definitely a fun twist on the average buttercream!
- 3 large eggs whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated meyer lemon zest
- Start by filling a medium pot with 1 inch of water.
2. Place a metal bowl (stand mixer bowl) over your pot and add in your egg whites and sugar.
3. Turn heat up to medium-high and bring heat to 160 F. Constantly whisk your sugar and egg whites while heating.
4. Once heated, add bowl to mixer and use whisk attachment to whisk on high until fluffly and 3x the size. About 5 minutes.
5. Once mixed, add butter a couple chunks at a time and mix on medium. Then add in your lemon zest and juice. Continue to mix until fully combined.
6. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes until firmer.
7. Pipe away!