Sinful Cinnamon Buns
Well, you may be wondering how you’re going to get that summer body this summer, but I hate to break it to you, this isn’t the recipe! But, if you are looking for one of the best cinnamon rolls on the planet, you’ve hit the jackpot! Sweet. Cinnamon. Delight. Let’s get baking!
- 24 King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls, cut in half
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup half & half (or more needed depending on the consistency you prefer)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
2. Start by cutting your buns in half if you haven’t already done so.
3. For the bun filling, we actually made it over night for the sugar to dissolve and flavor to come through, but that’s up to you.
4. For bun filling mix your 2 sticks butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Once mixed, spread a thin layer on the bottom of an 11 x 17 pan.
6. Then add the bottom of your buns. Spread more filling on top of the buns and continue layering process. Make sure to spread on top and in crevices.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until browned and tops are crispy.
While the buns are baking, we’ll make the glaze.
8. Start by mixing together your cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add in your cinnamon and vanilla. Continue mixing. Finish by adding your half and half. Continue mixing until combined and to preferred consistency.
9. Pour your glaze over the warm buns and then spread evenly. Serve warm and sticky for most delightful experience.