Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Happy National Donut Day! We wanted to celebrate by making our first donut recipe! If you haven’t already gotten yourself a free donut, make sure you go grab one from Lamar’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispie Kreme, Jupiter Donuts… or make one of ours! Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Don’t have any, click here)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Grease your donut pan.
2. Start by whisking together your flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl whisk together your oil, sour cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Once whisked together, pour your wet ingredients into your dry and fold together until fully combined. (It will be lumpy)
5. Once combined, evenly pour batter into donut pan and bake for 13-15 minutes.
While the donuts are cooling, let’s make the glaze!
6. Start by adding your powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and milk into a bowl and whisk. Once finished, it will be shiny and smooth.
7. To decorate, make sure your donuts have a hole in them. If you’re like us then you’ll have to cut a little bit off to create a hole.
8. Then, gently dip your donuts into the chocolate icing and make sure they are covered half way. Gently remove it from the bowl and set it aside.
9. Add some sprinkles on top and ta-da!