Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes
Happy Fall everyone! The cooler weather if finally coming here in Denver. We had our first snow the other day! We figured it’s time for more fall desserts after a cool weekend. Of course Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes! Let’s get baking!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
Salted Carmel Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup homemade or bought salted caramel
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Then line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake papers.
Start by mixing together your oil, sugar, and eggs. Mis until light. Then, add in your pumpkin and continue to mix until fully combined.
Add your flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on top of the wet mix and mix fully.
Once mixed, scoop batter evenly into the cupcake papers.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until fully baked.
Once baked, let cool before adding frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling, let’s make the frosting!
7. Start by whipping your butter until light and fluffy. Then, slowly add in your powdered sugar.
8. Then, add in your salted caramel and continue to mix until fully blended.
Time for decorating!
9. Add the frosting to a piping bag with a tip of your choice. We used Wilton tip 1M.
10. Garnish with a drizzle of salted caramel.