Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Hello everyone! Today we made something super special; Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes! I’m super excited about this recipe because they’re so tasty and just so pretty. Let’s get baking!
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 6-10 tbsp orange jello mix
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 butter, softened
- 2-5 tsp orange jello mix
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Then line 2 cupcake pans with papers.
2. Then in a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together your flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder on low until mixed.
3. Add your orange jello mix, 3 eggs, oil, orange zest, orange juice, and water and beat on medium for 2 minutes. (We used fresh orange juice.) If the batter is not thick enough, you may need to add a few more tbsp flour.
4. Then scoop batter into each of the cups, until about 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. After baking let cool and start making your frosting.
6. Start by creaming together you cream cheese and butter in a mixer. Once mixed, add your vanilla extract. Then add your orange jello mix. Then gradually add your powdered sugar and continue beating on medium-high until smooth and thick.
7. Then start assembling the cupcakes. We didn’t have the right sized tip for our piping bag, so we just cut a larger hole in the bottom of our piping bag to get the shape we wanted. For the small white dollops we used Wilton tip 32. We also garnished them with a small orange slice.
Ta-da! The orange flavor is so yummy! ☺️🍊