Homemade Toaster Strudels
Today we wanted to make something we’ve never made before, but still of course tasty! This just had to be Toaster Strudels! The rich, flaky, buttery pasty surrounding sweet strawberry jam. Let’s get going before I eat too many.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp half and half
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 F. Then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Then lay out your puff pastry and cut it into 8 rectangles. (Sometimes it varies on the kind of brand.)
3. Then whisk together your cornstarch and strawberry jam. Spoon about 1 – 1 1/2 large spoonfuls of jam in the middle and spread out. Make sure to lead room around the edges to seal.
4. Then in a small bowl whisk together your egg and water. Brush on the edges of the pastry surrounding the filling. Then lay the top pastry rectangle on top. Seal edges with your fingers and brush the top with more egg wash.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until nice and golden.
6. Once baked, let cool before applying the glaze.
While the strudels are cooling, let’s make the glaze!
7. Whisk together all your ingredients in a small bowl. Once combined you can cut a small hole in a bag to pipe or we used Wilton tip 5.