Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Today we’re spicing it up, the fall style! It’s officially fall which means it’s time for more wonderful flavors like pumpkin, nutmeg, ginger… A friend requested this special bread so today we will make it! Let’s get baking!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light/dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or substitute milk)
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Spray a bread pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate medium bowl whisk together your eggs, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Add in the pumpkin, orange juice, and oil.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour your dough into the bread pan.
6. Bake for 60-65 minutes. Cover the top of the bread halfway through with aluminum foil to prevent from browning.
7. Stick a toothpick inside to check if it’s done before removing from the oven.