Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Hello! Mmm, can’t you already taste the title? Warm cinnamon swirls in moist banana bread, what could be better?! Time to slice into the recipe! Also, don’t forget to check out our new video here!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Grease a bread pan and set aside.
2. Add all your cinnamon swirl ingredients to a bowl and moosh together. You can use your fingers or a fork. It will be pasty and chunky. Set aside.
3. Whisk together your flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together your butter and sugars.
5. Next, add in your buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs. Mix.
6. Then, add in your banana and mix until fully combined.
7. Pour 1/3 of your batter in the bread pan and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the top. Swirl with a knife. Continue this process for the rest of your batter and cinnamon mixture.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden and crisp on top. Check with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done.