Perfect Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
Everybody loves sugar cookies, especially when they’re super soft, chewy, and sugary. I mean, duh. That is, unless you’re a crunchy cookie lover. If so, just bake them for a few extra minutes. The soft cookie just melts in your mouth with that nice crisp outside. We’ve all been through the struggles of rolling sugar cookies, cutting them out, baking, and repeating that 3 times, but these are way easier. We still love rolled sugar cookies and their decorations, but if you’re craving that quick, easy, and perfect sugar cookie recipe, this is the ONE! Make the dough, chill, bake, ta-da! Let’s get baking!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (If you don’t have any, just substitute with normal flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sparkling sugar for decoration
- Start by whisking together your flours, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, cream together your butter and sugars until pasty. Next, add in your egg + egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
3. Slowly add your dry ingredients in thirds, mixing in between.
4. Place parchment on a large cookie sheet and set aside.
5. Next, use a large cookie scoop to scoop dough and place on the sheet next to each other.
6. Once scooped, chill for at least 3-4 hours until almost rock hard.
7. Once chilled, pre-heat the oven to 375 F. Place cookies about 2-3 inches apart on a large cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (The cookies will harden slightly when they cool so it’s ok if they feel underdone once baked.) If you want a crunchy cookie, add 3-4 extra minutes.
8. Decorate with some sparkling sugar.