- Start by buying pork ribs.
2. If you are using a smoker heat up the charcoal. Soak 2 cups of hickory wood chips in water for 30-40 minutes. Once your wood chips are done drain them, and scatter them onto your coal chunks in the smoker. Close the lid and let the smoke build up for about 10 minutes.
3. Before your smoker is ready you have to make the rib rub. Follow these easy steps below.
- Whisk 1/4 cup packaged light brown sugar together with 2 tablespoons minced onion, along with, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl.
- Then rub the seasoning onto your uncooked ribs. Once your rib rub is applied, cook them in your smoker.
4. Once your smoker and meat is ready place your ribs in foil. Place the ribs, meat side in the smoker over indirect heat.
5. Let the ribs cook for 2 hours, 2 hours, 30 minutes.
6. While your ribs are cooking, make the B-B-Q sauce. Follow the steps below.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a medium size pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir occasionally for about 1 minute until golden. Stir in tomato paste and chili powder for about 1 minute. Once it’s all mixed start whisking in your other ingredients. Whisk in vinegar, 1/4 cup water, molasses, Worcestershire Sauce, honey, mustard powder, espresso powder, 3/4 teaspoon black pepper and cayenne. Whisk occasionally for 5 minutes. Then whisk in ketchup and pineapple preserves. Bring to simmer, whisk occasionally, until it has been thickened. That will take about 45 minutes. At the end whisk in the liquid smoke. Let the sauce come to room temperature, then remove the garlic. If you have extra sauce you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
7. While the ribs are still cooking gently rub the B-B-Q sauce onto the ribs. Then close the lid of the smoker and let them cook for about another 20 minutes.
8. Once your ribs are done remove them from the smoker and set them on a cutting board. Once they have cooled for a little, cut them individually. Then you cut and serve. You can serve your ribs with more B-B-Q sauce on the side.
For more information about this recipe visit this website.