Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies
Hello everyone! Happy Fall! Today we wanted to make something warming and tasty; well, of course, this had to be cookies. What kind of cookies would it be? Chocolate chip caramel cookies! Let’s get going!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed tightly
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips, (1, 12 oz bag)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1, 14 oz bag of caramels, unwrapped, halved
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 325 F.
- Then in a medium bowl combine your flour, soda, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- In a separate large bowl or stand mixer mix together your sugars.
4. Then add your butter to sugar and mix until a thickness appears.
5. After adding butter, add your eggs and vanilla, mixing on medium. Then add your flour mixture.
6. Then mix in your chocolate chips until fully combined.
7. Use a spoon to measure a scoop of dough and then flatten out into a circle. Once flattened, add a caramel half in the middle and fold the dough over the edges and roll back into a ball.
8. Repeat step 7 until all your dough is gone. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and somewhat soft.
9. Once baked, remove from pan. Let cool.