Classic Cinnamon Rolls
Today we wanted to try out an ingredient we’ve never done. Yeast! Now, let’s rise to the occasion and begin the recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by combining together your warm milk, yeast, sugar, butter, salt, and egg. Then, add in your flour.
3. Once, the flour is combined, increase speed to medium with your dough hook. Then add the dough to a lightly greased large bowl to proof for 1 hour, with a kitchen towel on the top.
4. Once proofed, roll out onto a large rectangle on a non-stick surface with flour. Then brush on your melted butter.
5. Then in a medium bowl, combine together your cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle it over the buttered dough.
6. After sprinkling, roll lengthwise into a long cylinder shape. Use a knife to cut 1-inch slices, then place them into a 9×13 inch pan and proof fro another 45 minutes.
7. After proofing for the second time, place in the oven and bake for 15-22 minutes. While baking, it’s time to make the glaze!
8. Start by creaming together your cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Then add in your powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Once combined, add in milk until consistency is desired.
9. After baking, gently pour the glaze over the warm buns.
Serve and enjoy!