Mama’s Strawberry Cream Cake
With resolutions starting we wanted to make something indulgent that you still feel pretty good about eating. Who are we kidding, it’s still cake! Nothing’s better than cake! Let’s get baking!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry puree
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5-8 Strawberries for garnish
- red or pink food coloring (optional)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 325 F. Next, grease your 6″ or 8″ circle cake pans. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. After whisking, whisk in your oil, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and fully combined.
4. Add in your beaten eggs until fully combined and smooth. Once combined, add in your food coloring until combined.
5. Once mixed, evenly pour the batter into your cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove the cakes from the pans to let cool.
While the cake is cooling, let’s make the cream filling.
7. Start by whisking together your powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Whisk until stiff peaks form and it keeps its form. (It will be very thick and light.)
8. Make sure your cakes are completely cooled before assembling. Start by placing our first layer and smooth out some cream on your first layer. Continue this step for your next layers.
9. After assembled and smoothed out. Smooth the edges and top until smooth and even.
10. Pipe small dollops of cream on top of your cake evenly and garnish with whole strawberries. We used Wilton tip 1M.
11. Garnish the cake with red sprinkles and love!