Grandma’s Old Fashioned French Toast
This morning we are making French Toast with Grandma! This has been a classic for a while, and we are sharing it with you!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk or sweet cream
- French Baguette, or your choice
- Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Then whisk until combined.
- Then pour in 1 tsp of vanilla into the egg mixture.
- The shake/sprinkle some cinnamon sugar into the egg mixture.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of milk into the mixture. (If you have sweet cream, use that instead of milk, it will make it more custard like.)
- Then cut the bread into thick slices. About 1 inch thick. We used a French Baguette, but you can use any kind of bread.
- Then dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture and cook it at medium low heat to medium on the stove. Cook slowly. Cook until golden brown. The keep repeating this step until you have your desired amount of slices.
- Plat them and then put butter on top. Then to add a little touch, sprinkle some brown sugar on top. (If you have syrup, you can also use that as a condiment.)
We also made some bacon on the side for breakfast. You can do that, make a different side, or have no side.