Blue Marble Bundt Cake
Today we are making a Blue Marble Bundt Cake!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, optional
Bundt Cake Directions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat butter in the bowl until it’s softened. The gradually beat in sugar. Then add eggs one by one. Scrape the sides continually through. It might look curdled, thats alright.
- Then add baking powder and salt to batter. Just stirring, not beating.
- Stir in vanilla, almond extract into milk. Then add 1/3 of the flour to batter, beating gently. Then beat in half the milk; then another 1/3 flour; then the remaining milk. Then beat in the final 1/3 flour. Scrape sides and continue beating. After you have finished, it should be thick and possibly a little lumpy.
- Then grease a bundt pan with vegetable oil spray. Then pour batter into designated pan. Then put a few drops of blue food coloring around the top, then cut down with a knife so the coloring gets into the batter.
6. Then bake for 45-60 minutes, until it starts to brown. Then pop it out of the pan. We chose to keep it upside down, you can do whichever. Then let cool for about 45-60 minutes.
Time to make the glaze!
- Place sugar ina medium bowl and slowly stir in vanilla and milk. Mix until it is smooth and pourable. Add a few drops of blue food coloring, or you don’t have to use food coloring. Then pour glaze on top of cake and put into fridge to let it set.
Time to Eat!