No Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream
Celebrating my 5 year blogaversary with ice cream because let’s face it, ice cream has a special place in my heart. First off let me start by saying, how has it been 5 years already??! This blog has felt like it’s been here forever and not at the same time. On the other hand, can we just pause to look at these chocolate swirls. Aaaaahhh. To be honest, I’m usually not a huge chocolate lover, but with a little swirled into a peanut butter base, you known I’m not passing that up. We’ve finally been blessed with some warm weather over here. It’s been slightly cool and rainy the past forever so it’s good to soak up this sun and a little peanut butter chocolate swirl ice cream.
This peanut butter chocolate swirl ice cream is so easy, creamy, and the perfect treat for a hot day like today. Forget the fancy ice cream machines, all you need is a mixer and a freezer. Rich peanut butter flavor with creamy swirls of chocolate. I meannn errrgh. If you’re not a huge choc + pb fan, that’s ok you can still use the base and add whatever flavors you want. P.S. – Keep your eye on the blog soon because we’ll be getting a birthday facelift. A whole new look with easier tools.
For now, let’s dive right into this peanut butter goodness.
goods you need
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Melted milk chocolate
- Hand mixer
- Loaf pan/8×8 pan
You better watch out Ben & Jerry’s, I’m coming for ya! This ice cream is smooth, layered with rich chocolate swirls, and easier than any other cake or baked good.
how to make this deliciousness
Seriously, I’m not going to be the only one screaming for this ice cream especially when you realize there’s only 4 steps.
Start by whipping the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
In another bowl mix together your sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until combined.
Add the condensed milk mixture to the heavy cream and gently fold to combine.
Add 1/3 of the creamy filling to your loaf pan or 8×8 pan. Pour 1/3 of the melted chocolate over the cream filling and swirl with a toothpick or knife. Continue layering for the rest of your filling. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until hard. (About 6 hours to overnight)
swapping your flavors
If you’re not on the peanut butter chocolate train, no worries, you can swap any flavors into the base.
For a classic vanilla base just remove the peanut butter and chocolate, but use all the other ingredients.
You can add in fruit, crunchies, cookie dough, or any of your flavor of ice cream you love, but make it yourself.
To be honest, I’m not sure if there is much I can write here because there’s about 99.9% this will go right. The more I think about it I’m pretty sure you can even mess us ice cream, unless you measured wrong.
- Make sure to measure your ingredients correctly – This might be obvious, but make sure everything is mostly precise. Thankfully for ice cream it’s not life or death, but there’s a recipe for a reason.
- Make sure to layer your ice cream – To try and get the best ratio of peanut butter and chocolate in every bite, it will be best if you pour the right amount of ice cream and chocolate. Try to stick to the 1/3 method.
scooping it the next day
Since there is a whole can of sweetened condensed milk, the ice cream is going to be a little hard. Once you’re ready to enjoy, let it sit out for 10-15 minutes to slightly soften. This will make it easier to scoop and give it that creamier texture.
Add it to waffle cones, bowls, or just scoop right from the container. (🤫 I’ve never done that.) Get out those big guns and scoop away!
For more delicious ice cream, check out:
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Coffee Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chunk & Toffee Ice Cream Sammies
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream
Did you make this recipe? Let me know below or on Instagram @tuesday.treats or use #tuesdaytreats2016. I love seeing your creations!
No Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Ice CreamCourse: Ice CreamCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Ok so how about this heat?! You’re gonna need a big scoop or two of this no churn peanut butter chocolate swirl ice cream. So rich, luscious, and ready with no fancy equipment.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- Start by beating the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and peanut butter. Mix until fully combined. It will be quite thick and sticky.
- Add you condensed milk mixture to the heavy cream and gently fold with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the peanut butter base into a loaf pan or 8×8 pan. Pour 1/3 of the melted chocolate over that and swirl with a toothpick or knife. Continue layering with this step until you’re done. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours to overnight until hard.
One thought on “No Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream”