Chocolate Chunk & Toffee Ice Cream Sammies
Happy Memorial Day! I keep seeing that it’s ice cream season from other bloggers, but let’s face it, it’s really ice cream season year round for us! Nothing says Memorial Day better than some homemade ice cream sandwiches, especially on a warm day with a bbq. A few weeks ago we made some delicious chocolate chunk toffee cookies and decided they better be paired with some vanilla ice cream. If you’re feeling like whipping up something quick and easy for an outdoor bbq, look no farther, these are perfect! Let’s get baking!
- Our Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies
- Vanilla ice cream, homemade or store bought
- Start by preparing the cookies and then letting them cool fully before adding the ice cream.
- If you choose to make homemade ice cream, you can just whip together 2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Then, add in 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk and mix. Then lastly, add in 2 tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean. Add it to a freezer safe container and freeze for 5-7 hours until firm.
- Or, you can just buy a large tub of vanilla bean ice cream and let it soften. Pour the ice cream in a 9×13″ pan coated in parchment and smooth out until even. Let this freeze for another 2-3 hours until firm again.
- Once the ice cream is firm, you can use a circle cutter to cut it out so it fits the shape of your cookie. (If you don’t have a circle cutter, you can use a cup 😉.)
- Once cut, place the ice cream in the middle of 1 cookie and gently squish another one on top.
- Enjoy right away or store covered in the freezer until serving. 😁