Key Lime Pie
Today we will be making Key Lime Pie. This was our first time making this kind of pie, and it turned out great! Later on we are also going to be trying Key Lime Bars!
- Two 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 key lime juice
- Whipped Topping
- Grated Lime Zest for Garnish
We chose to buy a crust, but you can make one or you can buy one. In most Key Lime Pie recipes they have a graham cracker crust, so if you are making a crust that would be a good option.
- Combine your sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and sour cream. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Then pour into your designated pie pan.
- Bake your pie for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When it is almost finished, tiny bubbles should form at the surface.
- Then when the pie is done, turn the oven off and let the pie sit in oven for 30 minutes. make sure it doesn’t brown.
- Then put it in the fridge before serving.
- Add your finishing touches with your whipped topping and lime zest. You can even add a few limes around the edge of your pie.