Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies
Happy almost fall everyone! As we all know by now, Starbucks has released the annual Pumpkin Spice Latte, so of course fall must be coming up. Today we wanted to make a sweet pumpkin desserts. Of course! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies! Let’s get baking!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Grease a large cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together your brown sugar and oil.
3. Then add in your eggs and pumpkin. Continue to mix thoroughly.
4. Now add in your dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until fully combined.
5. Then, stir in your chocolate chips gently with a spatula.
6. You can spoon the mixture onto the pan or pipe it using a round piping tip. We used Wilton tip #12. (If you do choose to pipe it, it may occasionally get jammed from the chocolate chips. To fix this, just use a tooth pick to stick up the bag and separate the chips jamming it.)
7. Pipe them into a small circle on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Once baked, let cool.
While they are cooling, let’s make the cream cheese filling!
9. Beat together your butter and cream cheese until smooth.
10. Once smooth, add your powdered sugar to preference and mix.
11. Finally, add in your vanilla extract and mix until completely combined.
12. Pipe the cream cheese filling onto one whoopie pie using Wilton tip 1M. Then push another whoopie pie on top of it.