Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
Merry Christmas everyone! Today we made a special dessert to be the star of the table. We made a creamy, luscious peppermint cheesecake with a special mousse and chocolate shavings. Let’s get baking!
- 20-22 Oreos sandwich cookies with creme filling
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 – 8 oz cream cheese blocks, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz white chocolate chips, melted (1/2 cup)
- 3 eggs
- Peppermint bark (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cool whip
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed candy canes
- Chocolate shavings
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Add foil to a 9″ springform pan on the bottom and sides. Set aside.
2. Blend Oreos in a food processor until small crumbs form. Add crumbs to a small bowl and add melted butter. Mix until the butter and the crumbs combine.
3. Press Oreo crust into the bottom of your springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
4. After baked, set aside. Now, reduce heat to 325 F.
5. Then, chop your peppermint bark into small chunks and set aside.
6. Next, melt your white chocolate in the microwave in intervals, or on the stove until fully melted.
7. Now, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and light. Add your sugar and continue mixing.
8. Next, add your melted white chocolate, heavy whipping cream, flour, peppermint extract, and salt.
9. After mixed, mix in your eggs one at a time until completely combined.
10. Fold in your chopped peppermint bark pieces until distributed evenly.
11. Pour your filling into the springform pan. Place the springform pan into a larger rectangle pan and fill with warm water until it measures to about half the cheesecake. This is a water bath.
12. Bake for 1 hour. After baking, turn off heat and keep the cheesecake in the oven for another 45 minutes. After, let the cheesecake sit out for 1 hour before refrigerating.
13. After it has sat out, refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight until the cheesecake has set.
After chilling, let’s make the mousse!
14. Add all your mousse ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
15. Remove the cheesecake from the springform and spread your mousse on the top.
16. Garnish with whip cream, crushed candy canes, and shaved chocolate.
17. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.