Spring Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Easter is only 1 day away and we carrot believe it! 😉😁 It’s time we hop into these cupcakes! These carrot cake cupcakes are tender and moist, topped with the creamiest cream cheese frosting. Need a last minute Easter dessert for tomorrow? These cupcakes are super easy and so yummy; perfect for a small brunch or or early afternoon dinner. Let hop to it!
- 1 1/3 flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish: Cadbury Mini chocolate eggs (optional)
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Line 1 cupcake pan with papers and set aside.
2. Whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Next, add in your oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
4. Then, fold in your carrots until evenly mixed.
5. Scoop batter into papers 3/4 full and bake for 25-27 minutes. Check with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
Let cupcakes fully cool before frosting.
6. While the cupcakes are cooling, let’s make the frosting. Start by beating your butter and cream cheese together until light and creamy.
7. Next, slowly add your powdered sugar in 1 cup at a time mixing in between until smooth.
8. Lastly, add your vanilla extract and beat one last time until smooth and creamy.
9. To decorate we used Wilton tip 1M and Wilton tip 32 to frost. Garnish with a little Cadbury chocolate egg for an Easter touch!