Fudgy Cookies & Cream Brownies
Happy Friday! Yay, it’s almost the weekend and you know what that means… eating more dessert! Not that we don’t during the week 😏. These brownies are fudgy, rich, and exactly what every weekend needs, especially with Father’s Day right around the corner, because I know my Dad loves brownies. Today we also did a live video on the brownies, so if you missed it check it out here on our IGTV. Not only are these brownies super easy and fast to whip up, but they are perfect for a quick summer treat for a BBQ, road trip snack, or treating yourself at home. Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, browned
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed oreos
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 325 F and greasing a 9×9″ or 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small pot begin to brown your butter by letting it melt on medium-high heat. Constantly stir while melting with a whisk or spatula.
- The butter will begin to sizzle on the sides and come to a boil. Afterwards, bring your heat down to medium and continue to cook and stir until foamy.
- Once foamy, remove from heat and stir. This is when the brown color will appear and there will be a nutty scent. Be careful not to cook the butter too long because it could eventually burn. About 5-7 minutes total.
- Once the butter is browned, pour it into a medium bowl and immediately stir in your cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Stir until all the ingredients are combined; it will be similar to a thin chocolate sauce. Set aside to cool for another 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together your sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Next, slowly drizzle in your chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture and continue mixing. Once all the chocolate mixture is added, mix fully and scrape sides.
- Add in the flour and gently fold with a spatula. Once all the flour is combined, stop. You don’t want to over mix the batter causing it to be dry and dense when baked.
- Once mixed, pour your brownie batter into the pan and sprinkle your oreo chunks over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. The top will be shiny and crackly.