Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
Today we made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie! Now let’s stop waiting and get to it!
- 1 package Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 container cool whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped and cut in half
- Start by blending the Oreos in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Then melt your butter. While butter is melting grease your pie pan. Once the butter is done, add it to the Oreo crumbs and press into prepared pie pan. Then put in fridge until needed again.
- In a large bowl mix together your cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Then add your cool whip to the mixture and stir with a spatula until combined. Once combined, spread the mixture into your pan. Then place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Then in a small pot on low heat, heat your heavy cream until just about to boil.
- Then pour your heavy cream over your chocolate chips and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Then start stirring the mixture until nice and smooth. Then once done, let come to room temperature before pouring over pie.
- Once the ganache is at room temperature, pour over pie.
2. Before the chocolate hardens put your halved peanut butter cups around the edge and the chopped peanut butter cups in the middle.
3. Then put in the fridge for about 1-2 hours. Once finished, cut and serve!