Christmas Cake Roll
“On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…” … 1 Christmas Cake Roll! To kick off our first day of the Christmas Countdown we wanted to start with a wonderful Christmas Cake Roll. Everyone has heard of some sort of cake roll, whether a yule log or just a cake roll we all love them! Let’s get baking. Oh wait, there must be Christmas music! Hurry, check out the links at the bottom of the recipe to find our favorite Christmas Classics.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup green and red sprinkles
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Red & Green Sprinkles
- Chunk of butter
- Splash of milk
- 4 oz white chocolate
- Begin by playing some Christmas music. Then Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
- Then line a 17×12 in pan with parchment paper.
- The start by mixing together your 3 egg yolks, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup sugar. Then beat for about 5 minutes on medium-high speed. Then add your vanilla and slightly mix again.
4. The sift your cornstarch and flour, then gently stir together.
5. Then in a separate bowl mix together your 2 egg whites and 1 tbsp sugar. I suggest using a mixer, it goes much faster. Wait until stiff peaks form.
6. Then fold your egg white and sugar mixture into the cake batter. Once folded, add some sprinkles to your batter.
7. Then pour the batter into your pan and bake for 6 – 7 minutes. Once it’s done, it will have a good bounce. Take it out of the parchment paper.
8. Then immediately roll your cake up and let it cool for about 30-45 minutes, or until the middle is cooled. Note: Be gentle when rolling it up, you don’t want it to crack.
9. While your cake is cooling, you can start chopping up some pieces of white chocolate until the amount needed is finished. Set aside. You might also be able to buy already chopped white chocolate.
10. For whatever kind of filling you have, you can make a buttercream or you can buy already made vanilla buttercream, you will also add some sprinkles to that. Then you will evenly spread the filling onto your cake once it’s rolled out again.
11. Then you will gently roll it up again once the filling has been distributed. Set aside.
12. You will now start melting your white chocolate. Fill a small sized pot with 1/4 of water and place on the stove over medium-high heat. Then place a bowl over the pot (the bowl should be big enough that it sits on the pot edges without falling in) and put your white chocolate, butter chunk, and splash of milk in the bowl. Then stir and cook until nice and smooth. Once it is done, take off the stove and slowly keep stirring it. You don’t want it to harden, but you want it to cool before putting it on the cake. Then pour over cake slowly and make sure all the cake has the white chocolate mixture on it.
13. Then find a festive plate and gently put your cake on it. Garnish with some sprinkles on top and on the side (optional).
Eat & Enjoy! 🙂
3 thoughts on “Christmas Cake Roll”
Cool Christmas Dessert idea!