Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
Today we used up the rest of our cherry filling from the Cherry Hand Pies.
Let’s do this!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- Heat your oven to 350 F. Then line your 8×8 pan with aluminium foil.
- Then cream together your butter and sugar. Once that is finished add your eggs, vanilla and salt.
3. Then add your flour and baking soda until combined fully. Then reserve 1/2 cup of the crust for later, and set aside.
4. Then press your crust into the bottom of your pan. Then pour your cherry filling over the crust. You can smooth it out with a spatula.
5. Then make small chunks of the set aside dough and spread the chunks over the top.
6. Then put it in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Then let cool. While it’s cooling, make the glaze.
7. Whisk together your milk and confectioner’s sugar. Then put in the fridge until set. After setting, cut into squares and serve!
3 thoughts on “Cherry Pie Crumble Bars”