Buddy’s Stuffed Reese’s Snowballs
Happy Day #9 of our 12 Days of Cookies! We all know Buddy the Elf is a pro at making snowballs, but if he made cookies, this would be it. A Reese’s cup hidden inside of a cookie snowball smothered in powdered sugar. What could be better? Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- 1 cup powdered sugar for garnish
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 375 F and line cookie sheets with parchment or grease.
2. Beat butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Then, add in your flour and salt until combined. Add in nuts if you choose. Continue combining until dough forms.
3. If the dough is too soft, chill for 30 minutes or just use it how it is.
4. Scoop a small amount of dough and flatten it out, place a Reese’s cup in the center and place another flatten piece of dough on top. Carefully pinch the sides together and form into a ball. Make sure no Reese’s cup is showing. Repeat this step for all your cookies.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes until bottoms are just golden.
6. Once baked, let col for 3-5 minutes until able to handle. Roll your cookies into the cup of powdered sugar until fully covered. (You may also have to roll them again before serving)