Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Cutouts
Happy day #8 of the 12 Days of Cookies! Today were making soft chocolate cookies with a gooey marshmallow creme filling! Mmm, you’ve never had something like this until you try it. Definitely save this easy recipe for Santa! Let’s get baking!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or grease. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together your butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Then, beat in your vanilla extract and eggs.
3. In a different bowl, whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
4. Slowly add your dry ingredients to wet and combine until dough begins to form.
5. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hr or until somewhat firm.
6. After refrigerating, roll the dough in medium balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes until edges are just crisp.
7. Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes. After a short cool, use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out the middle of half of your cookies. (If you don’t have a small heart cutter, you can cut out a heart stencil with paper and hand cut it with a knife)
8. Carefully pop out the middle and a heart shape will appear.
9. Let the cool cool until room temperature before adding marshmallow fluff.
10. Once completely cooled, take a whole cookie and spread a small amount of marshmallow creme on the inner side of the cookie. Then, place a cut-out cookie on top for the marshmallow creme to come through. Continue this step for all your cookies.
Ta-da! Enjoy! 🙂