It’s day #11 of our 12 Days of Cookies and we’re making Eggnog Snickerdoodles. These aren’t your ordinary snickerdoodles; rolled in cinnamon sugar and nutmeg, with a warm white chocolate drizzle… mmmm. Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together your butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Then, add in your egg and vanilla.
3. Sift your flour, cream of tartar, salt, and baking soda.
4. Alternately add your flour mixture and eggnog into the butter mixture until it’s fully combined and dough forms.
5. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to a small bowl and whisk.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and roll into the sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just crisp. Let cool.
7. Melt your white chocolate chips and milk until smooth and combined.
8 Let white chocolate slightly cool before adding to a plastic bag and drizzle over the cookies.
9. Decorate with fun sprinkles and enjoy!