Peppermint Filled White Chocolate Cupcakes
Today we are making some classic vanilla cupcakes with peppermint filling and a white chocolate buttercream. Need a last minute holiday dessert? Look no farther, these can be a star of your table. Let’s get baking!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint baking chips
White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- Crushed candy canes
- Ghirardelli Peppermint bark squares, halved
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Line 2 cupcake pans with papers and set aside.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs until combined. Pour your wet ingredients into the dry and and beat until combined. Then, add your water to the mixture and mix until fully combined.
4. Scoop batter into cupcake papers. About 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cupcakes cool before decorating.
While the cupcakes are cooling, let’s make the peppermint filling.
6. In a small pot melt Andes chips and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream until melted and smooth. Let cool until lukewarm or not warm.
7. While it’s cooling, whip the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Be careful not to over whip the heavy cream, otherwise it will curdle and separate later on.
8. Once the melted Andes mixture is mostly cooled, add to the heavy whipping cream and beat until light and fluffy and still peaks form. Do not over whip!
9. Use a small knife or core to hole out the middle of the cupcakes.
9. Using a plastic bag or piping bag, pipe the peppermint filling into the cupcake holes until filled.
Meanwhile, let’s make the buttercream!
10. Add white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a small pot and melt until smooth. Set aside.
11. Beat butter until light and fluffy. Then, add in your melted white chocolate and vanilla until combined.
12. Finally, slowly add your powdered to the mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
13. Add buttercream to a piping bag with preferred tip, we used Wilton 1M, and pipe on cupcakes.
14. Garnish with crushed candy canes and a halved Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark square.