Homemade Snicker Bars
Now, before the recipe I warn you, the Snicker Bars are highly addictive and rich. 😁 Let’s get going!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) bag of caramels
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Melt together your 1/4 cup butterscotch chips, 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. (You can melt it in the microwave for about 3 minutes then just stir until nice and smooth, or you can do it on the stove.) Then pour it into the bottom of a 6X10 pan for your first layer. (If you don’t have a 6X10, then you can use and 8X8.) Then put it in the freezer to set up.
2. Then start to boil your butter, sugar and evaporated milk for about 5 minutes.
3. Once it’s been about 5 minutes, remove from stove and stir in your marshamallow creme, 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, vanilla, and your chopped peanuts. Then stir until it’s mixed well. Then pour that over your first layer and put back into the freezer.
4. Then melt your caramels with the whipping cream until nice and smooth. (In the microwave is about 3 minutes, then stir. You can also do it on the stove.) The pour this over your 2nd layer and put back in the freezer.
5. Now it’s time to make your last layer. Melt together 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter. Once melted put that on top of the previous layer and put into the freezer for about an hour.
(We ran out of creamy peanut butter, so there’s peanuts in our last layer.)
Then you have the best snicker bar you’ve ever had! Try one, “You’re not you when you’re hungry.”