Peppermint Candy Canes
Happy Day #4 of the 12 Days of Cookies! Today we are making some special peppermint candy canes. Sweet sugar cookies with hints of peppermint are perfect for the holidays! Let’s start baking!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl combine together your flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together your butter until light and fluffy, then continue to add your sugar.
- Add in your egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and continue to combine.
- Then, separate the dough into 2 portions. Dye one dough red and keep the other white.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After refrigerating, use small portions of dough of each color and roll into a coil. Place coils next to each other and gently roll together. Then, twist the dough until it looks like a candy cane and curve the top into a U shape.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, let cool and enjoy.