Chocolate Kiss Drops
Happy Day #5 of our 12 Days of Cookies! Today we’re making a special kiss drops with a soft chocolate cookie with crispy edges. Mmmm, Santa will definitely want some of these on Christmas Eve. Let’s get baking!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Milk chocolate Kisses, unwrapped
- 2 cups flour
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Add 1/4 cup of sugar to a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together your butter and 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Then, add in your vanilla, egg, and salt. Beat until fully combined.
5. Then, add in your cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Continue to combine.
6. Add in your flour slowly, mixing in between. If the dough is still very soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes, otherwise let’s get rolling!
7. Scoop a small amount of dough and shape into round balls. Roll the balls in the sugar from earlier and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat this step until you’ve used all your cookie dough.
8. Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies begin to crack. Then, immediately press your Kiss into the center of the cookie and let cool.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Kiss Drops”