Pumpkin Pie Slab
Hello everyone! Today we decided to make a pumpkin pie, but in a slab. We thought this would be very festive for the season coming up. Now lets get going!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2, 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Then make sure that your cream cheese and butter is cubed, then mix it with the salt and flour until a dough ball forms.
2. Then form your dough into 2 squares, wrap them and put them in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Once your dough is done sitting, roll it out and lay it in your 12×17 in pan. Then save the extra dough for some decorations. (Note: When your dough starts to warm up, it will become sticky and hard to use.)
4. Then once you have laid out your dough, it’s time to start making decorations with our extra dough. We are going to make little leaves and place them on top for the fall theme. 1 – First create small sized balls and then shape them into a leaf shape, similar to a tear drop. 2 – Then use a butter knife to make cut marks on the leaf to make it a leaf vein shape.
5. Then it’s time to make your amazing filling! Whisk all your filling ingredients together and then pour it into the crust. Then place your crust leaves on top of the filling. Place in the oven and bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
6. Once your pie is done, take it out and let it cool.
Serve and Enjoy!