Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcakes
Happy Mother’s Day everyone! Today we wanted to celebrate with some special Raspberry Filled Cupcakes. Let’s get baking!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (If you don’t have buttermilk just laying around just mix 1 cup milk with 1 tsp lemon juice.)
- 2 cups raspberries (preferably fresh)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F. Then line your cupcake holders with papers.
- In a bowl beat together your egg whites, until foamy and frothy. Then gradually add 1/2 cup of your sugar. Only a little at a time. Then whip them on high. Set aside.
3. Then in a separate bowl beat together your butter and the rest of your sugar (1 cup). Then add in the almond and vanilla extract, and beat until fully combined.
4. Then in another separate bowl combine together your flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until combined together. Then whisk some of the batter into the butter mixture, and then some buttermilk. (We added flour, then whisked, then added buttermilk, then whisked, and repeated until all ingredients have be incorporated.)
5. Then fold in your egg whites parts at a time. Add some, fold, and repeat until fully added and combined.
6. Then scoop evenly into the cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Once baked, let cool and begin working on your raspberry filling.
8. Put all your ingredients besides the raspberries into a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil and then remove from stove. Let cool completely before adding the berries.
9. Then add in your raspberries and mush then down using a whisk, and stir for a few minutes.
10. Then use the bottom of a piping tip to make a hole in the cupcake. Then use a spoon to scoop mixture into the holes. Once filled, set aside.
11. Begin by creaming your butter and sugar together using a paddle attachment, or a hand mixer. Then add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, adding milk in between.
12. Then start piping your frosting onto your cupcakes. We used a Wilton tip 1M. Then decorate the top with some extra raspberry filling and a raspberry. (Optional.)
Eat and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcakes”
My favs: frosting, cake, and raspberries!