Perfect Peach Jam
Summer is closing in and I’m stuffing in as many peach recipes as I can! We haven’t posted a baked recipe in a while, but trust me, we have a lot of fall goodies in the making. 😏 Sometimes it comes down to the basics or classic recipes and we’re making peach jam! Believe it or not, jam is waaaayy easier than you think and just as good as store bought!
What’s in jam?
Most jams are made with pectin, which helps to bind the jam and made it thicker, but all fruit has natural pectin in it and that’s exactly what we’re using today.
How to thicken your jam?
Oh no, your jam isn’t thickening yet! If you think your jam isn’t thick enough, don’t worry, it will thicken after it sits, so no need to worry!
How can I store the jam?
The jam can be stored into jelly jars and kept in the fridge. Make sure to write the date on top, just in case it gets stuffed in the back!
If you prefer, you can also freeze the jam after canning it.
Here are some of our top picks for what to do with your jam!
- Put it on pancakes
- Ice Cream
Love peach as much as we do? Check out some of our other favorite peach recipes!
Perfect Peach JamCourse: Tips & MoreCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Make this easy 2 ingredient jam to top any of your favorite desserts, pancakes, ice cream, toast…
2 cups peach puree
1 1/2 cups sugar
- Add the sugar and peach puree to a small pot and bring to a boil. Continue stirring throughout because the sugar can burn.
- Once the jam has come to a boil, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Next, pour the jam into a 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan and let sit for 6+ hours. After 6 hours, the jam will have thickened and be a little thicker than honey.
- After the jam has thickened, pour the jam into jars and tightly seal.
- Be careful not to burn the jam. Continue to stir while bringing to a boil.